K9 Nose Work is the fun search and scenting activity for virtually all dogs and people. This easy to learn activity and sport builds confidence and focus in many dogs, and provides a safe way to keep dogs fit and healthy
Over this first 6 week class, we will introduce your dog to the art of hunting, boxes and the “primary reward.” Primary reward gives your dog the opportunity to find food without handler involvement and will build canine confidence.
Behaviors you will learn in this class include:
Build your dog’s drive to hunt
Build your dog’s independence and confidence
Teach your dog the importance of boxes and containers
Build the handler’s observation skills: recognize when your dog is hunting
Improve Your Training Skills
1) All dogs must be on a 3,4, or 6 foot leash. No retractable leashes.
2) All dogs must be current on their shots & in good health.
3) Bring a chair so you can sit down comfortably during class discussion.
4) Bring a blanket, towel, or mat for your dog.
5) DO NOT feed your dog within 4 hours prior to class.
6) Bring your dog’s favorite treats.
7) Bring a fanny pack or treat pouch to hold your treats.
8) No choke chains or pincher collars are allowed. Dogs must be on a nylon or leather collar. You can add an easy walk harness, head halter, or gentle leader if necessary.
9) Minimum age for handlers is 13 years old, and must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
10) Classes run for consecutive weeks, unless otherwise discussed in class.
11) You are welcome to bring guests to watch the class but in all fairness to the other students guests cannot disrupt the class.
12) If your dog has bitten a human or another animal, you cannot bring your dog to a group class. Please call for a private session 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
13) To reserve your spot in a class or workshop please use the Sign Up Calendar on this page. Class spots will be reserved in order of payment received. Should all of the spots fill up for a class we will call or email you.
14) Classes are not refundable unless requested 10 days before the start date of the class.
Call if you have any questions or concerns 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
We meet one hour each week for 6 weeks. Please see
Class Policies to prepare your dog for the class and what items to bring.