Rally Obedience is a great next step after you complete your Beginning Obedience Class. Many dogs need to work their behaviors in different environments and circumstances to keep them engaged and focused on you. Rally Obedience is similar to circuit training like you would do at a gym.–
You and your dog go from cone to cone and perform the behavior asked for at each cone (station). Rally gives you and your dog a challenge by asking behaviors differently than in the regular Beginning Obedience class.
Each week there will be a different course for you and your dog. If it has been a while since you and your dog took your Beginning Obedience class, this might be the class to freshen up you and your dog’s communication skills.
We will be adding the 3D’s to your dogs training skills:
Distance- Growing space do you can tell your dogs cues from a far.
Distraction- People or dogs walking by or sounds that are interesting to your dog
Duration/ Timing- Having your dogs stay in their position for a few minutes
Improve Your Training Skills
1) All dogs must be on a 3,4, or 6 foot leash. No retractable leashes.
2) All dogs must be current on their shots & in good health.
3) Bring a chair so you can sit down comfortably during class discussion.
4) Bring a blanket, towel, or mat for your dog.
5) DO NOT feed your dog within 4 hours prior to class.
6) Bring your dog’s favorite treats.
7) Bring a fanny pack or treat pouch to hold your treats.
8) No choke chains or pincher collars are allowed. Dogs must be on a nylon or leather collar. You can add an easy walk harness, head halter, or gentle leader if necessary.
9) Minimum age for handlers is 13 years old, and must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
10) Classes run for consecutive weeks, unless otherwise discussed in class.
11) You are welcome to bring guests to watch the class but in all fairness to the other students guests cannot disrupt the class.
12) If your dog has bitten a human or another animal, you cannot bring your dog to a group class. Please call for a private session 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
13) To reserve your spot in a class or workshop please use the Sign Up Calendar on this page. Class spots will be reserved in order of payment received. Should all of the spots fill up for a class we will call or email you.
14) Classes are not refundable unless requested 10 days before the start date of the class.
Call if you have any questions or concerns 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
We meet one hour each week for 5 weeks. Please see
Class Policies to prepare your dog for the class and what items to bring.