We test behaviors you will be expected to complete during the CGC test.
These behaviors include:
Sitting politely for petting and grooming (brush only).
Having a stranger pet, brush, and handle your dog’s feet and ears.
Taking your dog “Out For A Walk” (Loose leash walking exercise).
Doing a “sit” and “down” and staying in that position as you walk 20 feet away.
Staying and then come from 20 feet.
Walking through a crowd of people and one dog and not try to greet anyone.
Be desensitized to strange, loud, and unusual noises and props.
Most dogs are required to have taken an obedience class prior to the AKC test.
Improve Your Training Skills
1) All dogs must be on a 3,4, or 6 foot leash. No retractable leashes.
2) All dogs must be current on their shots & in good health.
3) Bring a chair so you can sit down comfortably during class discussion.
4) Bring a blanket, towel, or mat for your dog.
5) DO NOT feed your dog within 4 hours prior to class.
6) Bring your dog’s favorite treats.
7) Bring a fanny pack or treat pouch to hold your treats.
8) No choke chains or pincher collars are allowed. Dogs must be on a nylon or leather collar. You can add an easy walk harness, head halter, or gentle leader if necessary. Call if you have any questions or concerns 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
9) Minimum age for handlers is 13 years old, and must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
10) Classes run for consecutive weeks, unless otherwise discussed in class.
11) You are welcome to bring guests to watch the class but in all fairness to the other students guests cannot disrupt the class.
12) If your dog has bitten a human or another animal, you cannot bring your dog to a group class. Please call for a private session 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
13) To reserve your spot in a class or workshop please use the Sign Up Calendar on this page. Class spots will be reserved in order of payment received. Should all of the spots fill up for a class we will call or email you.
14) Classes are not refundable unless requested 10 days before the start date of the class.
Testing Done Approximately every 3 months. Please see
Class Policies to prepare your dog for the class and what items to bring.