A complete program for you and your dog is part of the training class to reinforce and retain the behaviors you and your dog learn during the class.
Behaviors learned in this class include commands taught in the Beginning Obedience Class along with confidence building exercises. This includes games and dog-to-dog and dog-to-people socialization. Small, fearful dogs are welcome in this class to help them learn to overcome their fears of other dogs.
Class 1: Look/Focus, Sit, The name game, Puppy problem behaviors,
Class 2: Down , Take it. Leave it, Drop it (bring toy)
Class 3: Come, Stay, Wait
Class 4: Loose Leash Walking, Shake, Fade the lure
Class 5: Review, Target, Introduction to heel
Class 6: Rally / Graduation
Improve Your Training Skills
1) All dogs must be on a 3, 4, or 6 foot leash. No retractable leashes.
2) All dogs must be current on their shots & in good health.
3) Bring a chair so you can sit down comfortably during class discussion (for outside classes).
4) Bring a blanket, towel, or mat for your dog.
5) DO NOT feed your dog within 4 hours prior to class.
6) Bring your dog’s favorite treats.
7) Bring a fanny pack or treat pouch to hold your treats.
8) No choke chains or pincher collars are allowed. Dogs must be on a nylon or leather collar. You can add an easy walk harness, head halter, or gentle leader if necessary. Call if you have any questions or concerns 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
9) Minimum age for handlers is 13 years old, and must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
10) Classes run for consecutive weeks, unless otherwise discussed in class.
11) You are welcome to bring guests to watch the class but in all fairness to the other students guests cannot disrupt the class.
12) If your dog has bitten a human or another animal, you cannot bring your dog to a group class. Please call for a private session 818.955.5364 (5DOG)
13) To reserve your spot in a class or workshop please use the Sign Up Calendar on this page. Class spots will be reserved in order of payment received. Should all of the spots fill up for a class we will call or email you.
14) Classes are not refundable unless requested 10 days before the start date of the class.
We meet one hour each week for 6 weeks. Please see
Class Policies to prepare your dog for the class and what items to bring.
Choose Your Class From Training Menu
Choose Start Date
Fill Out The Form
Go To Class – Enjoy A New Well Behaved Happy Dog
Looking for a date and time not listed Call Us:
(818) 955 – 5DOG (5364)
for custom scheduling options
Classes are 1 hr each week for 6 weeks only $189
Puppy Great Start
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Sat Oct 1 – 10:00am Wed Oct 26 – 6:30pm
Sat Nov 12 – 10:00am Wed Nov 2 – 6:30pm